Illinois Shines Consumer Complaint Center
The form below can be used to file a complaint with the Adjustable Block Program/Illinois Shines Program Administrator regarding the actions or behavior of an Approved Vendor or a designee of an Approved Vendor.
Upon receiving a complaint through this form (or by email or telephone), the Program Administrator will investigate the complaint and may request additional information from you, as well as from the entity which is the subject of the complaint. If you do not want the Program Administrator to contact the entity that is the subject of the complaint, please indicate that in your complaint.
To see a database of all complaints received by the Program to date, please visit the Complaints Database page.
Below are other Illinois entities with which you can file your complaint.
Illinois Commerce Commission Complaints
If you would like to submit your complaint to the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) for review as well, please use the Commission’s internal complaint form.
The ICC usually focuses on complaints regarding installers, installations, and Alternative Retail Electric Suppliers (ARES). If you are experiencing issues with a system installation, a specific installer, or an ARES, please consider also submitting your complaint to the ICC. In order to properly file an informal complaint with the ICC please follow the directions outlined below.
- Select “Electric” for your Complaint Type. Click “Next”.
- Input your contact information into the form. Click “Next”.
- If this is an issue that involves your interconnecting electric utility and you have contacted your utility regarding this issue, please select “Yes”. If this is an issue purely with your installer/Approved Vendor/Designee, and you have not contacted your interconnecting utility regarding this issue, please select “No”. Click “Next”.
- Enter information regarding your complaint. If this is not an issue with your interconnecting utility, please leave the “Account Number” field blank. Click “Next”.
- Review your complaint details, verify all details are true, and click “Finish” to submit your complaint to the ICC.
Illinois Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division
If you have been subject to fraudulent or deceptive sales practices, the Illinois Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division may be able to help.
The Illinois Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division can also be reached at:
Chicago: 800-386-5438 | TTY: 800-964-3013
Springfield: 800-243-0618 | TTY: 877-844-5461
Carbondale: 800-243-0607 | TTY: 877-675-9339
Spanish language: 866-310-8398