Today, December 14, 2021, as result of the passage of the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (Public Act 102-0662 or “CEJA”), the Illinois Shines Program has reopened with new capacity and is accepting new project applications.
To provide more opportunities for participation the Program now has the following six categories:
- Small Distributed Generation
- Large Distributed Generation
- Traditional Community Solar (currently closed to new applications)
- Public Schools
- Community-Driven Community Solar
- Equity Eligible Contractors
For more information on these categories and other details please refer to this reopening announcement. To participate in the Program you can reach out to an Approved Vendor or a Designee of an Approved Vendor to learn more details and begin the application process.