The Illinois Power Agency (IPA) will be holding two virtual workshops on Thursday, October 21, 2021 to solicit feedback from stakeholders related to Adjustable Block Program reopening. Both workshops will be recorded and made available for stakeholder viewing on the IPA website and ABP website.
The first workshop will be held from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CPT and will cover topics related to new Program requirements that stem from the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (Public Act 102-0662). The following topics will be covered during the first session:
- Block allocations and REC pricing for new Large Distributed Generation, Community Driven Community Solar, and Equity Eligible Contractor categories
- Application requirements, applicable projects, and verification for projects subject to prevailing wage requirements
- Collection and reporting of demographic data
- Application requirements for, and prioritization of public-school projects
- Community-Driven Community Solar selection and prioritization
- Application process and requirements for Equity Eligible Contractors
Additionally, the IPA will issue a detailed request for written stakeholder feedback on the topics outlined above on October 14, 2021, with responses requested no later than November 4, 2021*.
The second workshop will be held from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM CPT and will cover the development of new ABP REC contracts. The IPA plans to release drafts of the new ABP REC contracts on October 19, 2021. In recognition of the fact that not all stakeholders will have the ability to review the draft contracts between their release on October 19 and the workshop on October 21, the afternoon workshop will be heavily focused on presentation of the draft REC contracts and the changes from the current contract required to implement the provisions of the new statute.
Registration is required for the workshops. Please click the following links to register for the workshops:
- New Program Requirements
Thursday October 21, 2021
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CPT
- New ABP REC Contracts
Thursday October 21, 2021
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM CPT
The IPA will be conducting subsequent stakeholder feedback opportunities related to the revision of the Long-Term Renewable Resources Procurement Plan at a later date. Details to be announced.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement or these upcoming sessions, please reach out to the Adjustable Block Program Administrator at [email protected] or at 877-783-1820.
*On 10/13/21 changed the date from October 28, 2021 to November 4, 2021.