“Stranded” customers are Illinois Shines Distributed Generation (on-site solar) customers whose Approved Vendor and/or Designee is unable or unwilling to (a) complete the solar project installation and/or (b) submit a project application to the Illinois Shines program. This may be because the Approved Vendor and/or Designee:
- Has gone out of business or ceased/limited operations,
- Is unable to meet Program requirements, or
- Is suspended as a result of disciplinary action and prohibited from advancing projects through the application process.
The Program Administrator is aware that the below listed Approved Vendors and Designees ceasing or have limited operations. If you are not aware of or cannot remember which Approved Vendor or Designee you are working with on your project, please refer to your Illinois Shines Disclosure Form (you may have both an Approved Vendor and a separate Designee), or you may contact the Program Administrator for assistance.
For next steps for stranded customers, please complete the form at the bottom of this webpage.
Approved Vendors and Designees that have ceased operations:
- Empire Solar (Approved Vendor and Designee)
- Moxie Solar (Approved Vendor and Designee)
- Power Home Solar, LLC d/b/a Pink Energy (Approved Vendor and Designee)
- Zenernet (Designee)
- Sun Badger Solar (Approved Vendor and Designee)
Approved Vendors and Designees that have limited operations:
- SRECTrade (Approved Vendor): In July 2022, SRECTrade announced they were retiring as an Approved Vendor from the Illinois Shines program and would not submit applications for projects for which the Designee did not provide Part 1 application materials by June 15, 2022.
- Modern Mill LLC (Designee)
Please refer to the Disciplinary Actions Report if you are concerned that your Approved Vendor and/or Designee is suspended from the Program and will not be continuing with your project.