The Illinois Power Agency (IPA) today issued its Illinois Shines Program Year 2022-2023 End of Year Report, and a State of the Program communication prepared by its Illinois Shines Program Administrator, Energy Solutions. Illinois Shines is a state-administered incentive program implemented by the IPA supporting the development of new solar projects through the purchase of Renewable Energy Credits, or RECs, from Distributed Generation and Community Solar projects, with a focus on equity provisions and consumer protections. Both documents are available at the Program website, www.IllinoisShines.com.
The Program Year 2022-2023 End of Year Report presents infographics of some of the most significant and high-impact data produced by the Program and its participating stakeholders, including focus on:
- Dollar value in incentive payments invoiced to utilities for approved and energized projects
- Number of project applications reviewed, number of applications ICC approved, and allocated capacity (in MW), for each of the Program’s six project categories, and number of homes and businesses benefiting from approved community solar projects
- Breakout of participating Approved Vendors by project category
- Efforts supporting the Equity Accountability System including rollout of the Minimum Equity Standard
- Consumer Protection activities including investigation and resolution of complaints, and revised and improved consumer resources and support
- Calls for stakeholder feedback and new stakeholder participatory forums
- And more
The initial State of the Program communication from Energy Solutions, who became the Illinois Shines Program Administrator July 1, 2022, provides important messages and updates to stakeholders, acknowledging challenges that Program participants experienced in the 2022 transition to a new Program Administrator, as well as details on solutions incorporated across application processing, the Program portal, vendor and customer support, and reporting and communications. The communication, which will be issued periodically, shares updated Program vision and commitments that stakeholders can expect from the Program Administrator.